Click the buttons below to access the full episode on ITunes(Apple users), or Soundcloud(Android users). Be sure to like, share, subscribe, and download the episodes. Thank you.
GRP 88-We’re back! We took a short break for the end of the summer to get some travel time in. On for this week’s podcast is United States Air Force (Ret) Chief Master Sergeant “N.G.”. He served in the Air Force for a total of 26 years, with 21 of those years as a Pararescuemen, or Para Jumper (PJ). The United States Air Force Special Operations Command (AFSOC) and Air Combat Command (ACC) operators tasked with recovery and medical treatment of personnel in humanitarian and combat environments. These special operations units are also used to support NASA missions and have been used to recover astronauts after water landings. They are attached to other SOF teams from all branches to conduct other operations as appropriate.
“N.G” is the owner of S.E.I. Green Feet, a company which provides a multitude of highly specialized training modules for the special operations, first responders, and business communities. You can find out more about the company here: http://sei-nh.com
We talked about some of “N.G”s career, the unique mission and capabilities of the PJ’s, as well as tactical medicine, leadership, and exiting the military.
• 0:00-Introduction audio on Medal of Honor recipient Airforce PJ William H. Pitsenbarger “Pitts”.
• 7:47-Air Force Pararescue is the only unit whose primary job is to rescue. Joining the Air Force, and then Pararescue.
• 12:50-Pararescue selection, advice on how to properly prepare.
• 22:10-What makes Pararescue a unique unit and mission set. Jumping, diving, insertion and exfiltration capabilities.
• 30:07-Combat deployments as a Pararescuemen.
• 38:05-NG was a part of the team that rescued the Stealth F-117A pilot who was shot down in Serbia in 1999.
• 45:45-The development of tactics, techniques, and procedures of combat medicine. The innovation of Tactical Combat Casualty Care (TCCC), and its implementation by the U.S. Army Rangers.
• 1:05:14- “There are no atheist in the foxholes”
• 1:15:02-S.E.I. Green Feet
• 1:21:06-Exiting the military. The Pararescue Foundation.
This episode is sponsored by Abes Baumann, a law firm that provides legal services and fights for the rights of disabled veterans. To learn about what they can offer you visit http://www.abesbaumann.com/vets
The Pararescue Foundation:
Music provided by Caspian: