Click the buttons below to access the full episode on ITunes(Apple users), or Soundcloud(Android users). Be sure to like, share, subscribe, and download the episodes. Thank you
GRP 115- Our guest for this week’s episode is Pentagon defense expert and former U.S. Army Ranger Paul Scharre. Paul’s new book, ARMY OF NONE: Autonomous Weapons and the Future of War is a necessary analysis of this new world. In the book, Scharre traces the emergence of this technology, drawing on incisive research and his personal experiences through four combat tours in Iraq and Afghanistan to explore the moral and practical challenges of machine-decision making in today’s messy, modern wars.
• The rise of fully autonomous weapons and the movement to ban them
• The legal and ethical issues surrounding autonomous weapons
• The role of artificial intelligence in military technology
• How fatal incidents of autonomous weapons gone wrong inform and refine operating procedures, doctrine, and software
• How do nations trust one another in an environment of autonomous weapons and cooperate to avoid harmful outcomes?
• When a robot kills, who stands trial?
Follow my co-host and my pages on social media. Links below.
Music provided by Caspian: